Thursday, May 10, 2012

Easy Food

Wow...see I knew I was too lazy to be a blogger! I am not even going to go back and count how many days it has been since the last time I blogged cause I know it will surely make me cry :(

So enough of the sad face and on with some happy stuff......FOOD!

Here are some cute things to do with food(chocolate) and the kiddos this summer, they are gonna love this stuff and so will you! I guess I should warn you I am in a chocolate mood!

First up is S'mores on a stick
Here is how easy these are and so much tastier! Just put your marshmallow on a candy stick (sold in craft stores) dip in melted chocolate and roll in crushed graham crackers! These are great to make ahead of time  as an appetizer or desert for a cookout or any get together where there are chocolate lovers!

Next up is this Cookie Pizza

Here is the recipe:

1 pkg. (16-18oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
12 assorted miniature candy bars
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter chips
6 cups (10 1/2oz) mini marshmallows
1/4 cup chocolate covered caramel candy (like a milk dud)

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Press cookie dough evenly int a 11 inch circle on an un-greased
 cookie sheet or pizza pan. Bake 15-17 minutes until lightly browned.

Meanwhile break or cut the chocolate bars int 1/4 inch pieces.

Remove cookie from oven. Evenly sprinkle with the assorted chips, cover those with marshmallows and then add the chocolate covered caramel candies.

Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes or until the marshmallows are puffy and lightly browned. Cool. Cut into triangles using a wet knife. Will make about 12 slices.

And I think I have time for one more.....
Chocolate Iced Graham Crackers

I am still amazed at how many people I meet that have never heard of these super easy treats! Being that I am a super lazy mom they are perfect for when my little ones want dessert.  You can use what ever your favorite flavor of icing is......they have all been tried at my house and loved! But chocolate is by far the favorite by myself and my little ones!

Here are some made with vanilla frosting.

Well hope everyone has a great Thursday and I hope to be back tomorrow with what I think I will call  Freaky Friday Finds...............come back to see what kind of craziness I have in store!
Hakuna Matada!

No comments:

Post a Comment