Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tidy up Tuesday


Well as you can see it is Tidy up Tuesday here and I like to use this day for small areas that I hate to clean or rarely get cleaned. 
Today's tidy up spot is under the kitchen sink!
This area is always a mess in my house and sometimes a scary place, I open the door grab what I need and shut it even faster!
So diving in, first thing to do is take everything out and throw away any outdated or yucky looking stuff.
Next we need to sweep out the bottom and wipe down with a wet soapy cloth and then rinse with a wet cloth.
If you have any contact paper or left over peel and stick tiles put some in the bottom, these will help in the clean up next time by giving you a smooth surface to wipe instead of the rough wood.
It makes it look nicer too.
Next we need to put stuff back in........
If you are lucky enough to have built in shelving under your sink, kudos to you! For the rest of us we have to find shelving of our own. Here is an idea I found.
I also use plastic basket and lazy susans to organize.
One thing I also do before putting anything back in is really think about the last time I used it??? How long has it been???? Maybe I don't really need it anymore???
I am a little OCD about this stuff and if I haven't used it for 3 months it is trash!  Unless it is something you only really need to use every three months, for example maybe dishwasher cleaner.

Below are a few pics I found around the web of ideas for under your kitchen sink.


 Above I really like the idea of adding an extension rod to hand things on.....neat idea!

So now that everything is back inside don't you feel great? Another tiny tidy spot in this messy world!

Let's go have some coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment