Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Welcome back! I know, I know it has been a few days, hey I warned you I was lazy! didn't I? Well I am and I am totally surprised I have even made it this far!!
Anyway on with it okay?! okay!

It is Tasty Tuesday here and I have a great new recipe for you to try!

Sausage and Vegetable Soup
(crock pot or not)

Recipe:
1 can(15oz) black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can(14oz) diced tomatoes (do not drain) 
1 can(10.75oz) cream of mushroom soup
2 cups diced potatoes (canned or raw)
1 chopped onion
1 lb country style pork sausage 
4 tsp. horse radish sauce
4 tsp. honey
1 tsp. dried basil
4-6 cups of water or vegetable stock(depending on how soupy you want it)

First fry up sausage in skillet until done. Put all ingredients in crock pot and cook on high for 4 hours.
Serve with crackers or corn bread.

Or cook in a pot on the stove until heated or if potatoes are raw, cook until they are tender.

You can also omit the liquid and serve over rice.

This recipe is so versatile! You can change out the sausage for any type you prefer for example smoked sausage cut in bite size chunks.

I make mine in my crock pot so all the flavors can fuse together and well it is more convenient for me!
Here is my crock pot I think it is 6 1/2 or 7 quart.

I know it can be scary to try new recipes but this one is great! It is just a little spicy and just a little sweet:)

* Just a confession, I did not have horse radish sauce but I did have packets of Horsey Sauce from Arby's that I used and it tasted great!





No comments:

Post a Comment